Exchange offers Shopify Partners the opportunity to connect with thousands of buyers looking to jumpstart their e-commerce journeys. While there are a few community guidelines that must be followed, Shopify Partners who follow these guidelines are welcome to sell their professionally designed shops on Exchange.
As a partner selling on Exchange, please follow these guidelines to remain in good standing within the seller community:
- All partners are required to use the Exchange messaging system to communicate with buyers.
- To accept payment, all sellers must use our payments flow which is integrated with Escrow.com.
- All sellers must use the Exchange account transfer flow. The Exchange team must handle all account transfers to ensure everyone's information is protected.
- Exchange does not allow sellers to promote their services or use their Exchange listing to cross-sell a website that the buyer did not originally inquire about. This helps us maintain a fair marketplace for all sellers.
- Store templates that are sold on Exchange must be unique. To avoid issues with dissatisfied buyers, it's important that each shop sold is not a duplicated version of another shop.
- Unlike regular development stores made by partners, stores that are listed on Exchange are not be eligible for a revenue share.
In order to create the best experience for everyone, all sellers, including Shopify partners should follow these guidelines. If any of these guidelines are violated, the Exchange listing may be unpublished and the seller could be removed from the Exchange platform.